Anyone that has babysat Lette for a period of time will relate with the following story - this story is recorded out of love & amazement.
On Wednesday we had an appointment to meet with a realtor(to view rental homes). I got the kids up early a began the regular routine. At 8:30 AM I sat Lette in her highchair, gave her a bowl of cereal and she replied, "Don't like it." She then proceeded to pour the whole bowl of cereal and milk all over the floor. Nice! I got the cereal cleaned up & informed Lette that I was going to get in the shower. As I was getting out of the shower, she came in the bathroom with a Banana & a butcher knife...yes a butcher knife. One might ask where she got the butcher knife? Well for those of you reading thinking I'm a neglectful parent let me reassure you the knife was on top of my kitchen counter in its holder. She had pulled her rocking chair over the counter, climbed on top of the counter to retrieve the knife. At this point, she was placed in time out for the second time of the morning.
So we finally made it out the door and spent two unsuccessful hours with our realtor.
We get home about 12:30 PM. The kids seemed tired so I put in Tom & Jerry for Lette & put David down for a nap. I took a minute to check emails & Lette came in my room telling me the kitchen was Hot. I ran in the kitchen to find that she had turned two oven burners on (we have a gas oven, so both flames were on). Let me just say at this point, that all the knobs for the oven were in the back of my utensils drawer. She had taken two knobs out & some how got the burners turned on. The knobs were not exactly on correctly, but nevertheless the burners were on. This process alone would be bad enough, but due to our lack of counter space I keep my plastic cutting board on top of the oven. It was smoking & melting. Third time out!! I mean come on.
The only thing that gets me through moments like this is her sweet little face & my unconditional love for her. I have never met a kid with so much energy & curiosity. I think the only to mothers I know that could possibly relate to this is Brooke R. (seeing Rhett & Emmett in action..Wow!) & Kaycee B (I have heard stories of Jonahs adventures.
I can't wait until she is old enough to read these stories.
1 comment:
I'm glad you survived your scary day. I can't wait until she starts driving and dating...
Post a Comment