Finally after all the weeks of being sick, we made it back to the District. We spent the morning & part of the afternoon at the National History Museum. Lette loved it! She was so enthusiastic I could barely keep her under control. The moment we walked in to the museum she started shaking because there is a huge elephant (stuffed of course) standing in the foyer. She started yelling, "Big elephant Mommy, Big elephant Mommy!" It was great!
Our first stop was to the mammal exhibit. Lette's favorites are there...tiger-lions (she thinks they are the same thing & always says the names together), bears, hippos, oh-my! The Dinosaur exhibit was fantastic & she was impressed with the Triceratops. She kept pointing out the horns on the his/her head.
The prettiest exhibit is the butterfly station. You walk in to a little greenhouse & three hundred butterflies are flying around. Both kids loved it. David even had a butterfly rest right on his shoulder.
It was such a fun day! Hurray for good weather & good health.
4 comments:
It feels so good to get out!! I can't wait until the weather is good and Maggie is well. Hopefully we'll be doing some fun stuff soon.
Oh fun! I wish I could've gone. I just love when Lette said "tiger-lions."
P.S. You look great! I love the bangs
Glad you are all feeling better. Sorry that I had to cut our phone call short! I would love to chat with you again.
Post a Comment