Growing up I frequently heard the following from my dad, "Don't make a threat unless your willing to follow-through with it." Well today I had to do that exact thing. For the past couple of days, Lette has figured out how to unlatch her car seat. Talk about scaring me to death...so I told her several times that if she kept it up I was going to take her to see the fireman (she loves fire trucks, but gets a little scared when she hears their siren). Well this AM we were running errands and I hear the "click" and she is wiggling in her seat. I drove to the Takoma Park Fire Station and asked one of the fireman if he would come speak to the my daughter about not undoing her belt.
Note: this is a picture of the acutal fire station.

I wished I would have had my video camera with me. She put both hands over her eyes & listened very intently to his counsel. He told her not to undue her belt or I would bring her right back to the fire station. Needless to say, he was very cute with her, and I think it worked (cross my fingers). I hated resorting to this tactic, but it was scaring me to death. The long/short of it is that this will be a story I tell her about for a long time to come. It was great!
No comments:
Post a Comment