As mother's/wives we tackle many things that we don't enjoy such as; poopie diapers, throw-up, tantrums, the list could go on...well the other night my tackling reached an all time high! Lette is pretty much potty trained, and she decided to use the potty on the main floor of our home. Before I could get in to wipe her, she dutifully wiped her self, which is all fine and good; however, she then flushed a whole roll of toilet paper down the toilet. Let's just say........Oh crap!!!!
You can imagine what happened next. Mike was working late so I called my Dad while I was driving to Home Depot. If any of you have ever had the privilege of spending time with Big Lar you've probably noticed that he knows a lot of stuff about everything. We call him Mr. Tinker because he loves to just tinker around in the garage fixing & making stuff! Dad was nice enough to talk to one of the Home Depot guys to tell him what I needed. With tools in tow I headed back for Home.
I called Big Lar back and had him give me direction over the speaker phone. To make a long story short...he started yelling, "Just plunge like hell...just plunge like hell...just plunge like hell"! Let's just say at the end of plunging like hell. My arms ached, I lost 10 lbs (I wish) and the devil clog was gone. I'm not sure where the Devil lives, but if he lives any where near where that damn clog went I hope I never have to spend time down there. It was comical. Moral to the story if you're ever in a hell-of-a mess you better call Big Lar.
Thanks Dad for all your help!!
3 comments:
Loved you article, and you're right. Your Dad is the best at fixing and making things. He's great! Usually all you have to do is mention something needs fixing, and its done. Eat your heart out girls!
I tried and tried to think of an appropriate way to sum up my laughter and dismay for you, but suffice it to say, I can not stop laughing, and having suffered thru my own recent toilet incident, I feel for you. We could have a new motto here.
It must have just been a rough week for all toilets because Jeff had to pour acid (no, not that acid) real acid down our tank to clear up a bunch of calcification. I was really nervous that it was going to eat a hole in the floor, but the thing flushes like a champ. I'm sure it's only a matter of time until Jack tries to flush a television or something down it.
Post a Comment