Little David has started to talk. He started signing Milk about 3-weeks ago. To date he says, Mama, Dadda, and bath (which sounds more like baff). He also had his first real hair cut this week and he's almost walking. I can't believe how big he's getting.
Lette
As of yesterday, NO MORE BIPPIE (her pacifier)!!! I decided to take it away cold-turkey style. It's been a little rough around here, however, not as bad as I thought. Last night resembled scene from Lord of the Rings, but instead of "my precious" being repeated continuously for two hours I heard, "My bippie, my bippie, my bippie, my bippie, my bippie, my bippie, my bippie...BREATH...My bippie, my bippie, my bippie, my bippie, my bippie, my bippie, my bippie...BREATH...you get the idea. By 9:30 PM she had finally given up a fell asleep. I told her the garbage truck took away all her bippie's, so this morning she's been watching for the garbage truck to come. Hopefully in 2-3 days she will have forgotten all about them.
Also I thought these pics of Lette painting were priceless. Heather's mother (Lette's birth grandmother) loves to paint, so I guess this is where she gets it from.
A Year of Sacrifice
On my blog I've complained a little bit about our "ghetto pad", but I must admit we received many blessings over the last year or so by prioritizing what is really important. When we lived in Dallas, we placed to much importance on material things. I've realized that those things DO NOT bring happiness. Together as a family we are happier, Mike has more time to spend with our family, and we are paying debts down instead of buying things we do not need. Here are some of our changes.
BMW now driving a 1998 Honda accord. Mike is also taking a bus into work everyday instead of spending money on gas.
MDX now driving a 2000 sub. outback.
Used to shop at more expensive clothing stores now Target is perfect & I often find things at second-hand stores for the kids.
Instead on insisting that I must have a nice kitchen with all the bells and whistles I am perfectly happy with what I have (the ghetto pad taught me a lot about being grateful for what we have).
We no longer spend money of things that we don't need. We evaluate whether it's a necessity or a want.
Life is just better when family is our first priority. I'm thankful for my hard-working husband, my children, the roof over my head and food on my table. What else can a gal ask for.
1 comment:
Mel- you are so smart about life!! I had fun talking to you today, and I think you are totally right about the place of material things in our lives. I am still working on it, though...
Post a Comment