Sunday, October 19, 2008

Jesus Said

Two days ago Lette said to me, "Jesus said I could watch Dora."

I replied, "Oh, really are you sure?" She took my hand and walked me over to our stair case (we have a picture of Christ hanging on the wall) and said, "Jesus is it okay for me to watch Dora?" Long silent pause. "Mama, Jesus said yes, let's go."

Since that experience, everytime she walks down the stairs she tells Jesus where she is going. This mornings comment sounded a bit like this, "Jesus should we watch Diego?"

I guess I am letting her watch WAY to much Noggin!!!!!

At least she knows the Lord personally. I wish I could talk with Him like that.

5 comments:

Jeff and Rose said...

Lachlan told me in the car on the way to preschool this morning that the next time she gets a tummy ache that Jesus is going to help her. And last night, Jack prayed that Jesus would let Cookie Monster hold him.
kids are so weird...

Anonymous said...

That is so cute. These are definatley moments to remember and share with her when she is older. At least she has her moments with Jesus right. It is better that way then her thinking there is an imaginery friend.

Arlie's Corner said...

We should pay more attention to what they are really saying because I believe they know more than we will ever know. If we could listen as they do we might learn a thing or two!

Brooke said...

Faith like that of a child has a whole new meaning watching and listening to 'Lette! Childrens faith is so simple and so trusting. I could learn from her! Thanks for sharing!

Heidi said...

Oh, that is so cute. At least she is learning early to talk to Jesus. She is adorable.