Friday, November 21, 2008

Weekly Summary

1. Freezing cold weather. I've decided to put up Christmas decorations a week early to fulfill Lette's request for "opening Christmas".

2. Had my first authentic Lebanese cooking lesson today. We made kibbie. It was absolutely fascinating to see how their made. If you've never had kibbie or don't know what it is...you are missing out! Let's just say WOW! They also tasted DELICIOUS!! My teacher is here visiting from Lebanon. My friend/neighbor Sawsun had a baby in September and her mom came over to help out for several months. She doesn't speak much English, but nevertheless we completed the task, and I learned from an expert. Next cumber yogurt dressing w/mint and falafel's. I forgot my camera...so bumbed. Thanks to Lara A. for introducing me to this genre of food so many years ago.

3. Lette started Pre-School this week, and she LOVESSSSSSSSS IT! When we got to her class she said, "Mom you can go now." On Thursday, we had a Thanksgiving dinner, and I got to meet all her friends.

4. New nanny. Can I just say I am so happy! My kids love her. She leaves my house clean when she's done and Lette is worn out. Plus I know they are well taken care of.

5. Due to some promptings from my girly friends from High School, I joined Facebook. It's crazy!! I can't believe who is on there. I just talked with a girl today that I haven't heard from since 1992. Who knew?!?! Can I really be that old.

3 comments:

Jill-Bee said...

FACEBOOK!! what the??? Mel you're turning into a computer nerd!! Call me so you can help me sign up for face book too!! Love ya!! Jill

Shari said...

Yeah for Pre-school! That's great Lette loves it. Christmas already? I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You made it to facebook! Sounds like you are keeping busy! Good to be back in touch!