
This year we purchased NHL tickets from Mike's boss Dan. He is a season ticket holder for the Washington CAPS. It's worked out that we've been able to go to one game a week and sometimes Mike goes on Tuesday nights with various Washington Lobbyists.
Anyway, I just love to go to the games. It's such a stress releaver to go into the city, eat a great meal (Thank You to Legal Seafood - your crab cakes are to die for) and get entertained by crazy hockey fans. Oh the game is good too, but the fans really make the experience memorable.
For example, there is a lady that also has season tickets that sits on our row. By the third period she is on her fourth/fifth beer and is completely lit. Let's just say, it's beyond funny to hear her comments. Her favorite one Friday night was, "Kill the Zebra's!! Kill the Zebra's!!" all the while she is pounding the metal railing that is directly in front of us.
While eating at Legal Seafood, a couple of hockey fans were waiting to be seated and noticed that the gentlemen sitting at the table next to us did not finished his bucket of claims. He said, "Hey Man, you going to finish those clams?" The guys said nope, and the hockey guy picked up the bucket and finished off the guys clams & his wife's crab dip. Too funny!!
I guess hockey brings out CRAZY in some people. Overall I love hockey for three reasons: Fans, Fights and ROCK music. If anyone has a chance to see an NHL game, I highly recommend it.
3 comments:
We rarely get to ever go to a hockey game but I have to say we went and saw the team in SLC when we were there for six days. There were numerous fights going on too. I just love it. Hockey is the most intertaining sport out there.
Hey Mel! Shoot me an email when ya get a chance. The email that I have 4 u isn't going through.
OH, that sounds like so much fun. And WAY TO GO on the food journaling thing. I have thought about doing it and that is as far as it has gone. I need a friend like yours.
Post a Comment