Have you ever had a day when everything seemed to collapse? Today was one of those days for me. Projects/deadlines at work started piling up, laundry was overflowing, Lette developed a UTI (urinary track infection), trip to the doctor, house a mess, husband working late, and I'm just plain tired. How did I handle the stress? Simple, with food! Several Cokes. Single cheeseburger from Wendy's topped off with fries. Hand full of dark chocolate chips. Several peanut-butter chocolate cookies and 1 piece of KFC chicken. Just so you know I did not consume all of the above in one setting; however, does that really matter. Calories are calories. Why can't I be one of those compulsive women that exercises until all stress is eliminated?
So here I sit...blogging instead of exercising. I really should be working. Fact is, I'm just plain tired. With the sounds of the washer/dryer echoing from the laundry room, I impatiently wait for the laundry to be done. Didn't I just do the laundry? I swear I just barely put all the clothes away and then BANG! Dirty once again. Someone really needs to invent dirt-free clothing....
I need another weekend or MERRY MAIDS. Anywoo, tomorrow is a new day.
I am grateful for the roof over my head, my job and even the dirty laundry. A women's job is never done.
9 comments:
You can handle this.
I, too, hate it when people say, "I just can't eat when I'm stressed." Really? REALLY?
Today is a new day. But you can still hate laundry.
I completely empathize with you. What can I do?
Days like this is when you patiently wait for your husband to come home and release you from your duties. Take that bath you always wanted and then return to your husband and have him give you a back rub. The best treatment I get from my husband is the head massage. He crunches up your hair and pulls. It releases all the tension in the head. It is the greatest feeling ever!
Hope your day is better.
...a handful of chocolate chips...
Ha! Made me laugh...I know things aren't going well for me when I start raiding my baking cupboard.
AMEN!
Just curious...
I noticed you have a "secret goal". If it is striptease aerobics, you are officially my new hero.
Oh Melanie...I just love you. This made me laugh, because it sounds just like me. In fact...I should me in bed since I get up in a few hours, but I am too tired and dumb I guess. Just know...you are not alone.
It is true. As I type I have five piles of laundry in my room that I need to fold! Rylie lived with UTI's when she was young...she had kidney problems. I'm so glad we're passed it. Good luck!
Now times your two by 5 kids and you might have a picture in your mind of my laundry! It eventually gets done some way or another, another day will be better. I don't remember how I survived working with 5 children at home. You are so lucky!!!
Post a Comment