Monday, March 23, 2009

Birthday Bust

Mike's birthday was yesterday. The big 36! He celebrated by falling down 10 stairs in our home. It scared me to death. Initially, we thought he had broken his tail bone. Yikes! A trip to the ER confirmed he was just badly bruised. I felt so bad for him. He's really had some bad luck in the injury category.

Tonight we tried to remedy the situation with a delicious birth-day cake, steak dinner and a gift. Villette could hardly contain her excitement. She could not wait to sing Happy Birthday. Her version went like this, "Happy Birthday, Dad. Now open your present. Hurry!" Short, sweet and to the point.

Lots of love, Mike!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a real BUMmer. ha ha ha. Tell white chocolate I hope his burffday was off da hizzle.

Grandma Judd said...

happy birthday Mike. I enjoyed reading your blog this morning. It is snowing here. quite a blizzard. Love to read all the blogs. love ya

The Monkeys said...

Ouch. Tailbones are the worst. I hope he is doing better. Cute cake.