Thursday, August 20, 2009

An Evening of Redneck Fun

One thing I've missed about living in a small town, is being able to attend a Demolition Derby....WELL... miss no more because we got to attend one tonight. It was so fun to sit under the night sky smelling exhaust, watching an occasional fire, and hearing the crunching of metal! Can I get a whoot, whoot!!





The kids loved it WITH one exception, my little David fell through the bleachers. We must have had angels below us because the drop was literally a 15 foot drop. It scared the X@%! out of me. Luckily, he was totally fine. My friend Deb arrived shortly after the fall (she is an Emergency Room - RN), and she said he was a little bruised, but otherwise fine. Deb's family joined us for a night of Redneck fun! This picture was taken to show just how far David fell. And this one shows that he did survive the fall. Just for the record, we did not plan for David to become part of the demolition spectacle.

Oh how I miss the glory days of small town livin'. I do feel blessed that we live right in the middle of DC (for culture) and northern Virginia (for a small town feel).

The other highlight of the night was that Villette got to ride the Farris Wheel. She said it was, "AWESOME"!

2 comments:

The Monkeys said...

Whoot, whoot!

Heidi said...

Wow...I'm glad he is okay. I felt sick to my stomache just thinking about one of my kids falling that far.