Sunday, November 22, 2009

Singin the Blues

This past week I was asked to sing the BLUES with a local band called the Backyard Band. Their female singer couldn't make it at the last minute, so I was able to rock out. Let me just say that I had the TIME OF MY LIFE!! This band has been playin the blues together for 25 years. They play to Veterans through out the Northern Virginia area. Mike's boss Dan is their lead singer, and he was the one that extended the invite. I sang a Bonnie Raitt song, "Love me Like a Man" and Patsy Cline's "Crazy".

I hope I get to sing with them again!! It was also nice to be surrounded by Veterans, and I grow to appreciate their service to our country more and more each day.




3 comments:

Arlie's Corner said...

Fastastic! You look like you are having a great time, and you look great too. Congratulations. We'll see you very soon.

The Monkeys said...

That's amazing! You look great. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Lyndzee said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We missed ya'll. Hope you had a good one. Tell Lette and David hi for us. It looks like you had a great time singing.