Friday, January 01, 2010

Anniversary


On the 30th of this month, Mike and I celebrate our 12th Anniversary. We went to dinner and to see a movie. During dinner we talked about some of our funniest/fondest memories over the years. So I thought I'd list 12 thoughts for 12 years.

1. In our first house we lived in, there were GIGANTIC wolf spiders. They used to scare the @x($ out of me. Mike became an expert at killing those suckers.

2. Weekly plasma donations (by Mike) that paid our grocery bill for our first year of marriage. He still has the scar from the plasma needle.

3. The first day we arrived in New Orleans, and Mike left me to do laundry at a bar on St. Charles Ave. It's funny now, but wasn't at the time.

4. Second night in NOLA, Mike leaving me at the Winn Dixie on Louisiana Ave to go grocery shopping while he went to Blockbuster to get a movie. I literally could have killed him. I've never shopped so fast. I was the only white person in the grocery store and was scared out of my mind. Again, funny now, but he was in the dog house for some time.

5. Our first Christmas in NOLA, we were so poor Mike took me to Walmart to buy my favorite card game UNO. Sounds silly, but it was very touching. I'm not sure how many games we played with Rich and Katy Bell, but I'm sure Katy and I won each and every time.

5. The excitment of Mike graduating from Law School and feeling like we both had accomplished something.

6. Buying our first 'real' house and working together on various yard and remodeling projects.

7. The hours we spent on the road driving to Idaho and back to Texas after our first adoption failed. Terrible experience, but we grew close together and shed many, many, many tears. Looking back this was a very bonding experience.

8. Flying to New York and getting to bring our daughter Villette back to Texas. Remembering Mike seeing Villette in the Labor/Delivering room, and tearing up at the site of her. Holding each other and weaping as we witnessed Heather's mom place Villette in our arms. Finally, becoming parents!

9. Finding out that I was pregnant with David. Joyous, unbelievable and very emotional.

10. Leaving our beautiful home and friends in the great state of Texas......

11. Funny nights spent in the Ghetto pad in Maryland wondering, "What in the Hell are we doing here?!"

12. Now we know what were are doing here. We have finally come home. We are happier than we've ever been & feel extremely blessed for all the funny, trying and wonderful times over the past 12 years

Love you Babe!

1 comment:

The Monkeys said...

Congratulations you two!