Sunday, January 31, 2010

Time to Vent

I don't like to share deep feelings on here very often, but I am so frustrated with a few things..

1. We think we are gearing up for another baby. The unfortunate part about this is, the baby machine process is extremely difficult for us. Do we spend thousands of dollars on an adoption or IVF.....either option just plain sucks. It's not like we have a money tree. I just wish that God would just make it happen without all the extra stuff. I mean...come on, I will be 36 in August, and I really don't want to have to deliver/adopt kiddos when I almost 40. Sounds selfish, but that's just the way I feel. If it doesn't happen on it's own, I think our family is done because I just can't bring myself to do either option. I swear if I hear, "Oh, we just decided to go off the pill and boom, we got pregnant." I will scream. To all the girls out there that just go off the pill have some empathy for those of us, that go through hell and back to just got a couple of children here. REALLY!?!@

2. My weight. I've been running now for a couple of weeks and the scale has not moved. I have eaten salads everyday for lunch, cut my calories down and NOTHING! I am extremely irritated.

3. Student loans. Every month when we write a huge check to Georgetown's loan department I cringe. Granted, had Mike not gone to Georgetown he would likely not have his amazing job, but still will the student loans ever go away!!!!!! Prior to Georgetown we almost had them paid off.. Yikes!! HATE THEM, HATE THEM, HATE THEM.

4. The cold weather. I feel like I've been locked into a cold, dark, deary cave for a year. Oh this East Coast weather, it's not the same as Utah winter weather. It is so butt cold, I don't even want to walk into my garage. Bring on the spring.

5. I'm frustrated for being frustrated. I normally like things to go my way and because I don't have a lot of control over the above mentioned things, I feel....pretty onry. I NEED A FREAKIN vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for letting me vent. I feel so much better.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Love your post. Thank you for being so honest! We'll be doing our LAST round of IVF when we get to NC so we can cry on each other's shoulders then :D Running never helped me lose weight - I swear I gained weight when I ran (building muscle?) When we move to NC, I've already planned it out in my head that we will be doing lots of trips together - some to DC and some to NC. Can't wait! Love you!

The Monkeys said...

Stick with it girl. It takes me 6 weeks of being good for me to see the scale move. It is so frustrating I give up a lot! Don't be like weak me! I will never loose the last 10-15, because I keep giving up!!

Hammy said...

I'd say come visit Dallas for a break, but it's cold here too. That groundhog better bring spring soon.

Becca Hatch said...

Read Jillian Micheals' "Master Your Metabolism." It was so informative.

As for the baby issue- it will work out somehow. I don't know the answer, but I know you are tough and gutsy and you can do it.

Keep running- you will feel better even if the scale takes a while to move. Your body is changing for the better.

xoxo

Jeff and Rose said...

I need to call you.
We be singin' the same songs.

Love you.
Seriously--hug through internet.
xoxo

brent said...

Recently, I went off the pill and boom! I became pregnant. Which I thought was odd given that I'm a largely celibate male, and the pill I was previously on was fish oil.

Arlie's Corner said...

Hope you feel better. It pays to vent. For some reason my office becomes a great room to vent. Only trouble is I'm usually in it too! No good advice today. Just a big hug from a Mom who loves you and tries to understand!!

Lyndzee said...

Hey Mel, sorry your feeling stressed. Megan Tucker is a personal trainer and has a new fitness blog with some great tips. you can connect to it from my blog, just click on megan and once you get there you will find her fitness blog.(if you wan't)

MariLouise said...

Dude, stop writing out those checks! Auto-withdrawal is so alluring...we hardly even notice the money is slipping out of our checking account and directly into Harvard's vast endowment fund--cough, cough, choke...gasp, gag, heading toward insolvency...