Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Stopped Snowing....Wind Blowing

Well we woke up to lots of snow THEN blizzard and now wind. On my lunch break I shoveled the drive way...AGAIN. Such a back-breaking process. Mike is stuck in DC. He has been working on some legislative deadlines and couldn't get back. Luckily for him, the firm has a condo just down the street. Unlucky for me, I ended up doing all the shoveling myself.

I keep praying the big pine tree won't decide to give way to the weight of the snow and fall right on our house. The past hour the wind has been howling so hard it's a little frightening.

Mr. Winter sure did deliver a blow.

I'm so thankful for;

1. My subaru outback...it was seriously built for this kind of weather.
2. My job let allows me to work from home, so I didn't have to leave my kids this week.
3. My neighbors that dropped off homemade chocolate chip banana bread and chocolate chip cookies.
4. My kids who have said so really funny things.
5. AND for all the calls from my family.....

1 comment:

Arlie's Corner said...

So, we've been listening to the news, and I have been worried about you! These are the times we do wish you lived closer. Of course, that much snow in Utah wouldn't have been a big deal. Life would have continued and not missed much of a beat. We love you and its ok to vent! We wish we could fly and help out! MOM