Friday, July 02, 2010

Finally Some Weight Loss

Well, it's about time. After training for the 1/2 marathon, I didn't loose one pound. I knew I lost some inches, but no poundage. Two weeks ago I stepped on the scale, and just about died. I decided that I needed to take some drastic meausures, because I was tired of feeling FAT.

I went to my local bicycle shop and had them repair all the tires on my jogging stroller. I figured if I starting jogging with two kids, just maybe the weight would come off.

Villette weighs roughly 55 lbs and David is 31 lbs, so between the two of them and the weight of the stroller I figured it would be a pretty good workout. We have lots of hills which I mastered getting ready for the half.

For the record, I should've been pushing them months ago. After 3.5 miles, I feel like I've ran 6-8 miles. In two weeks, I have dropped 10 lbs and 3 inches off my waist. Yahoo!

Hopefully, by the fall I will be at my ideal weight.....

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Way to go, Mel! That is awesome! We're here in NC. We need to set a date to come see you! When would be a good weekend? John would love to come blow off some steam with Mike at the gun club.

Brittany Crane said...

Holy Crap Girl!!! 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Can I push your kids around too?! :) One of these days I finally need to come hang out at your house. Once this baby pops out I'm so there! :)