Today is a very special day for me. It was the birth of my 1st child, Melanie. Each child's birth is remembered very clearly not just for Melanie, but all 5 of our children.
I want to wish Melanie a very happy day. It will probably be a long day for her and she is traveling home from Nashville.
I had a doctor's appointment the morning of her birth. I was a week over due, and very miserable. Grandma Judd came with me because Larry was working on the new stake center. Dr. Finney was her doctor, and when he checked me, he didn't give me any warning, but broke my water. From there it was excitment. They took me over to the hospital in a wheel chair and we were on our way. Larry and Grandma Johanson both came to the hospital.
Believe me. It wasn't the good days you girls have of epiderals. It was a whole different experience delivering babies 30+ years ago. Thank goodness for technology!
Melanie was born at around 6:00 p.m. that evening, and we were thanking our Heavenly Father for having a beautiful healthy baby girl with dark eyes, and very dark hair. We've learned in the last 9 weeks or so, that you never take a healthy baby for granted. We were so excited, and Melanie has been such a wonderful daughter! Thank you Mel, and we love you!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday!!
Thanks Mom!!! Luv You!!
I'm still not sure how I managed to do a post on your blog! Sure fooled me....
Post a Comment