- 60-80 minutes of cardio/strength training x 5 times a week (pushing 90 lbs in my jogging stroller x 4 miles 5 days a week has been a fantastic workout) and Yoga stretches every night before bed
- 1300 - 1400 calorie diet
- Keeping track of my measurements x 1 month
The moment I knew I had to do something drastic was about 2 weeks after I ran my half-marathon. I figure that I would likely loose 10-20 lbs; however, I weighed in at 170 lbs. That's right folks 170 BIG ones. I think I cried on the bathroom floor for over an hour. How did this happen to me? It seriously just progressed so slowly and for the longest time, I thought that my endometriosis was a major factor. I still believe it has something to do with it, but no more excuses....
Now a month and a half into my life changing process, this AM I weigh in at 157.8 and over all I have lost 15 inches (over my whole body).
I am finally feeling a little better about myself, and I am 7.8 lbs away from my annual goal of loosing 20 lbs. My hope is that by October I can be at 140 lbs.
Learning that my metabolism is SOOOOOO different from my 20's has been tough.
I am thankful for examples that have motivated me namely the Judd crew (you know who you are)!
I MISS MY OLD SELF....
2 comments:
Congratulations!!! What an accomplishment! All this in only a few weeks. You are doing great, although I think that would kill me to do 90 min of cario every day especially out in this heat. You go girl!
It is quite a journey to realize that all of the "fun" things you did in your 20's must be gone: No more late nights, eating junk, and vegging out in front of the TV. I've been on a similar journey myself and it has not been pretty at times.
Also, I noticed that when I run, my appetite rages out of control. I have lost weight because I cut my running back to 3 days a week and cross-trained 3 days a week. Just a thought. (And yes, you can still run 1/2 marathons on 3 runs a week.)
Post a Comment