Saturday, December 18, 2010

Utah Arrival Not a Second Wasted

Remember this. Just when we thought I prior record couldn't have been beaten, we arrived in Utah 32 hours after we left Virginia. I'm beginning to realize that this sort of "ROAD TRIP" we be the standard. Just a few highlights of the trip.

1. A large hawk flew into our new car and broke the passenger side mirror.
2. Villette has been on anti-biotics, so lucky for us the random smells coming from her part of the vehicle were hair-melting.
3. David woke up from a nap and said, "Us driving in circles and can't find papa's house."
4. Mike stressing over the amount of time we spent on bathroom breaks. I tried to reason with him that the human body does not revolve around his time schedule. Didn't change anything...if you have a better argument, I would love to hear it.
5. People in Nebraska really are different.

Hopefully on the way back, Mike won't want to try and break the new record or insist that we start peeing in empty Diet Dr. Pepper cans. Oh the joys of a road trip!@#$

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh man! That's INSANE! It took us FIVE DAYS!! (Driving separate w/ a Uhaul). And THAT was pure torture! I feel your pain. Good luck on the drive home!

The Monkeys said...

Um, this sounds so not fun! I guess if you do it in one shot it's not that expensive. We found that we could fly all of us for the same price that we took getting there, but we did it in 4 days and saw sites along the way. Rob thinks our bodies should work with the gas stops and only with the gas stops! I guess it's a man thing.

Arlie's Corner said...

We were so happy you made it safe and sound. We'll be praying you make it back in the same shape hopefully avoiding any more hawks! We'll take you here anyway you can get here and back. Thank goodness for planes though. I'd never get to see you if I had to drive....Not enough time...We love you and hope you had a Merry Christmas while here. Mom