Thursday, January 06, 2011

Late Christmas Miracle

On December 6th I had scheduled my hysterectomy and then I felt that this was not the right thing. While we were in Utah, I got fairly sick with lots of bloating and pelvic pain. I saw my GYN doc in Utah who decided to screen me for ovarian/uterine cancer. I was so depressed and was regretting my decision not to have my hysterectomy. THEN....

On January the 3rd, I was 6 days late having Aunt Flow come to town, SO I decided I might as well take a pregnancy test. WELL, 6 pregnancy tests later + a trip to the doctor's office confirmed that I am indeed pregnant. I was actually pregnant during Christmas, but didn't know it.

I just want to thank everyone who offered up prayers to the Lord for this blessing. It's really amazing how the Lord took care of this...no infertility. Just a lot of pleading prayers.

I will be due on September the 9th assuming, I don't develop pregnancy induced hypertension again.

Must thanks! We are so happy for our prayers being answered.

6 comments:

The Monkeys said...

Oh my word! You take my breath away Melanie!! You are certainly a spiritual giant. Good luck to you and this new little one!!

Heidi said...

Truly a miracle! Amen to Monkey Bunch. We'll keep praying for that little bun. Hugs to you and your cute family.

Arlie's Corner said...

I'd like to believe your pregnancy was due to my prayers personally, but I know better. I'm sure two grandpas who love you so much must have been your guardian angels and was prompting you all the way. If I only had faith before that God could deliver miracles, there is no question in my mind now that he has delivered you 3 beautiful miracles. We can never forget!

Hammy said...

That's amazing! Congrats. Good luck.

Heidi said...

Wow...Congratulations! You know it was meant to be. I am so happy for you. I have come to realize that my family came on the Lord's time, not mine. Now I am just happy that, that chapter in my life it over and I can move on and enjoy my kids growing up without any monthly pain or heartbreak. I am just SO happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Melanie! I can't believe it! You get serious promptings. That's great news! Congratulations!