Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Morning Sickness

Today I have tried to force myself to cry. My thought was if I had a good cry I would feel better. Well the tears never came...only more nausea. I am happy to be pregnant; however, this morning sickness stuff or should I say ALL DAY sickness is awful. Last night I went to bed at 7:30 PM and didn't wake up until 7 AM this morning. I am really looking forward to this trimester ending & September seems so far away.

6 comments:

Liza said...

Yes, indeed the all day sickness in my pregnant world as well. All that you can do is take it one day at a time...stupid advice, I know. Wish I had a powerful remedy for you. Mine seemed to be saltier things like Pringles. It was all I could stomach on the last kid. You are an amazing cousin, by the way. I appreciate your example of faith. Hang in there!

Becca Hatch said...

I know firsthand the pure misery of the all day nausea. Here's what worked for me:

1. Zofran. Administered by IV preferable. But, it is available in pill form and the generic is not the same. You may have to ask your doctor outright to prescribe it, and brace yourself because it runs about $30 a pill. Unpleasant side effect: it will constipate you like a mother. Take with a fiber supplement and don't say I didn't warn you.

2. Proteins. I found that starches didn't settle my stomach like a good protein: scrambled eggs, yogurt, or Ensure shakes.

3. Coca Cola Classic.

Hang in there. It's only a matter of time until this is over. We are behind you all the way. xoxo

Melanie said...

Thanks for the great advice, so far the only thing that seems to help is 7 up, but I'm going to the doc next week, so hopefully something will get sorted out.

Jeff and Rose said...

I second the Zofran, only I would go so far as to say take it with a couple of straight up stool softeners...and don't say I didn't warn you.

I truly hope that you get feeling better soon.

Stacey said...

Vitamin B-6 and half a Unisom...don't know why it works...but it does. Here's a link that talks about it. http://pregnancyandbaby.sheknows.com/pregnancy/baby/How-to-keep-it-down--not-out-1023.htm

I would definitely agree with the article, that for me it did mostly stop the vomiting and lessened the nausea. (This after staying in the hospital for IV fluids because I couldn't stop throwing up on two separate occasions).

Took it every morning and it made my life a bit more bearable. Didn't have to worry about the constipation or the price per pill either.

Hope you feel better soon! Morning (aka ALL DAY) sickness is the worst.

The Monkeys said...

Yeah for pregnancy, boo for 1st trimester! Get as much rest as you can and enjoy!