Monday, February 21, 2011

What happened.....

I've been getting lots of questions, so I thought I would address some of them here.

A couple of weeks ago, I went for a 9 week check up. During the visit, they couldn't hear the babies heart beat, but said that there was only a 50% chance they would have heard it.

I wasn't really concerned, until a few days later all my "morning sickness symptoms" suddenly stopped. I thought that was strange, but the doctor said sometimes that happens.

Then on Friday afternoon I started spotting. My doctor said it was not a big deal and to just spend the weekend resting; however, by Saturday morning I had severe cramping. We went to the emergency room and by late afternoon they could not hear the heart beat & the ultrasound revealed that the baby had died around nine weeks gestation.

As of yesterday, there was not a lot of progression with the fetus leaving, so we decided to have a D/C performed this morning. The only thing positive about the D/C was that it was the least invasive procedure I have ever had.

It's pretty hard to go into the hospital with a baby bump & to leave with out one. All our planning for a baby has been smashed. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole situation and probably will for a while to come. Saturday was full of tears. Yesterday I was just pissed and today I feel nothing. Pure numbness & emptiness.

It's not has bad as our failed adoption back in 2004, but it comes close. Just thankful we had nothing set up or that I had not pulled out any clothes, etc. So now I'm just left wondering what is next?

I guess only time will tell.......

3 comments:

Heidi said...

All I can say is, it is rough. Now the post partum hormones will set in. That was really hard for me to deal with and all of the emotions that come with the hormones. It's a slow recovery - emotionally. I've hestitated calling because I know I didn't want to talk to people with both of mine. Just let your mind and body heal on it's own time. I'm so sorry - you are tough though. Just keep reminding yourself that!! Love ya chicka.

Lyndzee said...

Hey Sis, Just wanted to let you know I have been thinking of you. I love you. Hang in there!

Heidi said...

Oh Melanie, I'm so sorry! Been there done that one too! It just isn't fair for those of us that try and try to get pregnant and when we finally do...we lose it. I wish I could give you a hug. Hang in there. There has to be a reason for everything, but believe you me...when I get upstairs and meet the big man, I have a lot of questions for him. Hopefully then I will understand.