Friday, May 27, 2011

A Muslim and A Mormon


Since we've lived in this area, I have become friends with several women who are Muslims. I enjoy their friendships. We have interesting conversations about polictics and religion. Muslims and Mormons have similar beliefs regarding "health codes" no alcohol, etc.. Miriam is originally from Northern CA, and her daughter and Villette are good buddies. She had a Mormon friend in high school and knows quite a bit about our doctrines. It's funny how people with similar devotions to their faith can become instant friends despite our religious differences. She will be moving to Florida, and I am very sad about this. Hopefully we can keep in touch, but I am thankful I got to meet someone so kind & thoughtful. I will miss seeing her every morning when I take the kiddos to school.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your face looks thinner..have you lost weight?

P.S. Loved all these posts.

Heidi said...

I agree - I have many Muslim friends and now Hindu friends. I love their similar values as far as being chaste and modesty. Good people. Sorry to hear she is leaving, though!