Well, we finally had a great
RELAXING family vacay. We drove 7 hours to Charleston, SC to this amazing resort called Wild Dunes. It was so nice, great weather, beautiful beaches, fantastic southern food and comfortable accomodations. Go
here to see more. Since we left New Orleans in 2002, my mouth has craved some good southern cookin. Texas had some good food, but not near the quality of NOLA. DC/Virginia has some good joints, but still falls short. The past few days we had lobster poboys, shrimp poboys and my favorite fried green tomatoes. Is this dish to die for or what....YUM!!!!

We also took a 30 minute boat ride out to Fort Sumpter. The kids saw some dolphins, so that made the history portion of the trip well worth the time at the Fort. They also have a fantastic aquarium. Downtown Charleston reminds me a lot of NOLA, and I can't wait to go back and spend more time exploring the shops and market street.
2 comments:
What a fun vacation. I'm jealous. I want to go with you sometime on vacation too! Loved all the pictures.
We need to meet up one of these times! North Carolina also has beautiful beaches. I've wanted to visit Charleston. Maybe I can get John to do that sometime while we are here.
Post a Comment