Saturday, September 01, 2012

House Updates

We have started some update projects on our house. It was built in 1985 and is in relatively good shape, but needed external and internal updates. In May we finished the garage and this month we had all new siding put on. Next week we are getting a new roof and gutters. Luckily, the siding and roof were replaced free of charge due to hail and wind damage from previous storms. Hopefully, next year we can knock out a few walls and remodel the kitchen...crossing my fingers. I love colonial homes, but the use of space is not very good. I don't know how we always end up buying an older home and remodeling it. It's fun, but a lot of headaches along the way.

3 comments:

Arlie's Corner said...

You do have a lovely home. It's hard to tell from the pic regarding the new siding, but I bet its wonderful!

Unknown said...

It looks great! I love the changes. xoxox

Heidi said...

Looks great! I love seeing your home in person. I like the blue - is it a little lighter than before? I really like it!