Thursday, January 24, 2013
Goodbye Partnership - Hello Life
For the last three years Mike has been a partner with a non-profit law firm here in DC. I remember in law school, we would talk about how cool it would be if Mike "one day" become a partner of a law firm. By the age of 37, he attained that goal. Sometimes in life what one wishes for isn't always as great as one thinks. After three years of partnership, on January 4th we decided he/we wanted out. Without going into any details, we are so happy. Mike and I get to spend the next 3 months firguring out what we are going to do next. Luckily, everything shook out in a positive way. I have been functing as a single parent since he began working in the legal field. The legal profession is very demanding on families and on husbands. The last three weeks, he has been home has been WONDERFUL. He's helped with the kiddos homework, laundry and a whole bunch of other stuff. What's really great at this point, is that we are making decisions on life style and not income. Income/money is great, but it does come at a price and in some cases a heavy price.
Who knows maybe we will move back to Utah! Maybe he will become a teacher, open a bookstore, work for the Church or whatever the *#!$ he wants to do. I have honestly not felt this HAPPY in years. So to my sisters that have been asking me for the last 15 years when I am coming home, I can say it may be sooner than you think!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
First of all, BOO to you leaving me here by myself. Second of all... I am SO happy you did that! Tim and I hope to always make our choices on things other than money (which is why I don't work) and the blessings of being together FAR outweigh any extra money we could store away.
What?
This is shocking.
Someday I want to hear the whole story, but in the meantime, I'm excited for you guys to embark on your next adventure.
I am praying for you that you will make it back to Utah! You are right. Life is not about money. It's about our family and friends. Love you! I am do glad you are happy!!
This is good...I hope you get to move back to Utah too! So happy for you guys.
Post a Comment