Friday, January 04, 2013

Tired of Sicknesses

This picture of Villette pretty much somes up the past couple of months. Here is our sickness summary. October: * Andrew has reactive airway disease and got a really bad URI. Stopped breathing one night, and we ended up having to call the ambulance. November: * We welcomed Thanksgiving with the Flu. Mike and David got hit with hit. Mike spent almost 3 days in bed. Thankgoodness Janice was in town, and we survived. December: * Villette, Me and Andrew got the flu. It was awful body aches and a terrible headache. * Day after Christmas Mike is so sick again, we make a trip to the ED. This time he is diagnosed with an infection in his intestines and yeah and by the way it is contagious! * Next up Villette projectile vomit. Following day, Andrew projectile vomit. That night, Me vomit and the worst tummy ache. A couple of days pass, and David not only projectile vomits, but has this awful brown fountain that would not stop. January: * Mike is now on a 2-3 week medical leave from work. He has been dealing with a prostate inflammation/infection for the last 6 months and with the recent bout of the flu and intestinal infection it was completely wiped him out. Through all this, we have amazingly grown together as a family. We have had to rely on each other through service to each other. Helping with laundry (we've had a ton of it) to holding each others hands and spending many hours on our knees in prayer. It's been a bit rough, but since Mike was sent home to rest yesterday, I feel so at peace. I've been so worried about him. I love him so much!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

So sorry Mel! I can relate to you with the health worries! Your in my prayers! Love ya!

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness! That is so much worse than you made it sound on FB and IG! I think you forgot to list Vilette's broken let? Hopefully you all are on the mend now.

Lyndzee said...

Oh so sorry! Didn't realize everyone was so so sick! I enjoyed talking with Vilette the other day. She was so excited about her girls day she told me all about it. Miss you guys.