Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Super Tuesday

Let me start by saying that I've never had much of a political opinion. My Dad always taught us to strictly vote Republican, but this year I am perplexed. After last night, I'm not sure I'm going to vote for anyone. I absolutely do not like McCain, Huckabee or Clinton. Romney has some good ideas, but I knew he would never win the South for the mere fact that he is Mormon (having served my mission in MS, lived in LA and Texas). Huckabee probably just stayed in the race because he personally does not want a Mormon president. Anyway that leaves me with Obama. I took a political survey today and the only issue (the survey on had 10 items, so there maybe other things I disagree on like the right to bare arms, etc.) I did not agree with him on was abortion.

Abortion is very personal to me having struggled so many years with infertility and knowing that Lette's birthfather asked Heather to abort. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday that Heather was strong & did not make that decision. Where would my life be without Lette? Simply put EMPTY. Let alone all those other couples that are on adoption waiting lists or struggling to concieve. I remember my first sonogram after IVF (When someone goes through IVF, the doctors typically perform more sonograms than a normal pregnancy). I was amazed at week 7 I saw David's heart pumping. Most women don't even know they are pregnant by week 7.

So having said that do I merely cast a Republican vote because I have such a strong opionion about abortion? AARRRGG! I guess I will need to make this decision a matter of prayer because logically I can't wrap my mind around a specific candidate.

No comments: