Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekend ReCap

On Friday night our whole family went to a 2nd NHL game (the CAPS lost by one goal) Luckily both kids were great, and we had a nice time. Lette loves dancing to the music & David is content watching all on-goings. We park our car at Mike's office & then we take a cab over to the Verizon Center. Last time we went to the game, we had some homeless people flag down a cab for us and of course they required a tip for their service. Let's just say neither one of us was going to argue whether or not to pay them. Ah city living...so many intersting experiences. Had I not lived in New Orleans, that probably would've freaked me out, but it just seemed fairly normal. Anyway when we got in the cab, the driver was an African-American gentlemen. He proceeded to explain to us that he was one of the few American cab drivers in DC. He said they (the Americans) had all been run off by immigrants "Arabs and stuff". He further explained that all the bell hops at the hotels were also Arabs and they would never give a cab to an American driver first. The discussion was very heated (at least on his part) and entertaining. It's experiences like this that make life full. It reminded me so much of many of our experiences in New Orleans.

Saturday was a typical day...lots of laundry, cleaning and scouting for potential neighborhoods. During the kids naptime I go exploring neighborhoods. It's been educational to see different parts of the DC Metroplex. I just wished housing wasn't so darn expense.

Two major events occured over the past couple of days, which are definately journal worthly. Lette no longer wants her bottle...hip hip horay!!! Next getting rid of her binkie. She also has decided it would be okay to start trying out her potty...another hip hip horay!!! Hopefully, she will get this potty-training thing down quickly, and we can say goodbye to double-diaper duty.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what?! no more chunky stinky three week old chocolate milk bottles under the couch?! I'm not disappointed.

Melanie said...

I don't know what you are talking about.

Unknown said...

When I have children, you're chunky milk bottles will come back to haunt you. P.S. If a picnic in the sunshine is what I need to unwind, so be it. At least I'm not cleaning up chunky milk.