Sunday, May 04, 2008

Woodbridge Ward Visit

Today we decided to skip our ward & attend our new ward. I think it's going to be fantastic. We felt like we were right back in our ward in Dallas. It has a great mix of people old, young marrieds and newely marrieds. Lette loved nursey, which is amazing because it took her forever to adjust to our College Park Ward. It's also deverse in relation to race & backgrounds. There were several inter-racial couples & many members from Africa. It reminds me of our Dallas ward in that most of the men are attorneys. Mike fit right in.

I am totally pumped! It also appears to be highly organized. The people were very welcoming. We even had 3 dinner invitations by the time Church ended. This may not seem like a BIG deal, but it is. The members seem to socialize together, which makes living away from familiar friends & family so much easier.

I'm so thankful to my Dad for listening to the Spirit & talking with Bryce Taggart. I am also thankful that the Lord provided our living arrangements for us.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mel, we are so happy about your new ward. We can't wait to attend.
As far as secrets to diet? There are none. Lots of exercise, and lean meats and fruits/veggies. How boring can life possibly get, but it's probably the only thing that really works and keeps you healthy!

Unknown said...

That was mom, she signed in under my name. I wouldn't give good advice anyway, I usually just have smart remarks.

Becca Hatch said...

It makes a huge difference to have a good ward- ours is fantastic. We will never move away. When do you move? As for the breast feeding question- I am mystified, but I would give it a couple of weeks before you get too worried.

Stephanie said...

Mel, I know I know someone in Woodbridge but can't remember who. I have an aunt and uncle in Earlysville-- is that in your ward? How far is Mike's commute? Will it be all right? I hope to see lots of pictures of your new place when you're in. Much love, Steph