
First I'd like to thank Grandma Judd (yes, you Gloria). All the grandchildren remember the years in the old home in Coalville with the "white room". The living room had this beautiful white carpet, and we (the grandchildren) were never allowed in that room unless it was Christmas. Gloria or Go Go as we like to call her would always make sure the vacuum lines in that room were perfect. We knew if we took one step in that room we would catch holy xxxx. Her homes have for the most part been perfectly clean. For the record we concluded it did not come from Grandpa Judd because he commonly fixed things with duck tape & farming twine and if you ever saw his barn or garage it was clear he did not suffer with OCD.
Next, my Grandma Johanson has always kept an exceptionally clean home and everything has it's place. Dishes in the same cupboards, bathrooms sparkling, etc...which brings me to my topic.
I think the older I've gotten the more ridiculous I am becoming. Here are just a few things that drive me crazy;
*If the dishes are not stacked in the right order or what I consider the right order I will repack the entire dishwasher.
*I prefer only having white towels in my bathrooms because any other color seems dirty to me. My mom calls this boring, but I guess it's a little nuts.
*Bathrooms are cleaned weekly & wiped down daily.
*If my floors are not mopped each night before I go to bed, my house feels dirty.
*My linen closet must have towels with towels, sheets with sheets, pillow cases with pillow cases, etc...
*My car is vacuumed weekly & I carry a hand vacuum in my car.
I could keep going on and on. These habits are not always good. They are exhausting and annoying. I would love to be the person who just lets things go, but honestly I can't. I've already rearranged several cupboards & closets since we've moved in. No wonder I haven't finished unpacking. Moreover I think I would trade being OCD about exercise or what I eat then I wouldn't be overweight.
Thanks for the chat yesterday Becca, and I'm glad I'm not the only nut in the bunch.
3 comments:
I love your message below this entry, and I can tell you are doing much better. OCD did not come from me, otherwise, I would still be up cleaning instead of reading all the blogs! I'm sure duck tape runs in my blood too!
I agree with your OCD and exercise/diet observation. If only I could be so fixated...maybe I need to redirect my energies. My other option is to just embrace my tendencies and judge others for not being like me ;).
Yeah, you guys are really messed up. Glad that I don't have that problem. Can't say anymore because I folded one of the towels with the tag to the outside. Must fix...
Post a Comment