
While living in New Orleans, we had the privilege of getting to know John & Heidi Clayton. John was working on a PhD in Epidemiology & by the time we were all leaving the Big Easy he got accepted to Medical School. To make a long story short John is a fellow OCD comrade (which is important to my story). Lucky for me and every other post-pregnant lady he is specializing in plastic surgery!
I never and I mean never thought I would even consider the notion of plastic surgery. How vain! How times have changed. It amazes me how things look oh so different. With out going in to too much detail...lets just say I finished breast-feeding David over a month ago, and I went from a double-D to a pee-wee B. Oh the insanity of it all. Not to mention my stretched out laparotomy scar from my last endometriosis surgery & my hips have taken on a new shape all their own. There are days since this post-prenancy stuff that I wish my name was Lafonda or Trivonica because those sista's can wear their weight. We white girls just don't carry it the same way. I also don't think our men like all the curves as the brother's seem too.
So getting to my point. Thank you John Clayton for being an OCD freak and for going into plastic surgery. Thank you Heidi for allowing John to complete the long road of residency. If I can ever afford it I will be one of his first patients. Maybe then my body will somewhat resemble my old self vs. the dried up prunes, shapely hips and wrinkled belly that have all been left behind.
2 comments:
I will be right in line behind you!!! I can't wait to get "the girls" fixed.
Life is amazing. During our lifetime of childbearing, plastic surgery was a subject not even heard of, and now you girls talk about it as a given. Technology is something, isn't it?
Post a Comment