Friday, July 11, 2008
Grandpa Judd
Yesterday I was leaving Costco and for some reason I had this vivid memory of Grandpa Judd. I pictured him sucking on a toothpick & hearing the sound of it as he clicked it against the side of his teeth. The slight scuff of his cowboy boots as if he were walking with me. He just had a way about him. It was almost as if he had reached across the veil & planted those images right in my head. Maybe he did. I'd like to think he had. Sometimes it gets lonely far away from family. It's comforting to imagine that he would visit me in the parking lot at Costco (strange as that sounds). If you did visit me Grandpa. Thank you, I needed to feel your spirit. I love you & miss you. Mel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well, Mel, you aren't the only one that has missed him terribly today. Your Dad and I took a ride up in the hills on our 4 wheeler this morning. I was swamped with memories. And, there were so many trees with his "art." We passed one where he had drawn "Launa Turner." He had such a great sense of humor. Love you Dad.
I liked when he would kiss your cheek so hard the noise would hurt your ears.
I remember his fake hair. I'm pretty sure he wore it only on Sundays, and maybe now that he is all-knowing he will realize that he wasn't fooling anyone.
Post a Comment