Thursday, September 04, 2008

Finally Registered to Vote


I'm not politically minded. Never claimed to be. I'm perfectly comfortable having Mike fill me in on all the Washington in-fighting, politics and other issues. That said, I was determined not to cast my vote in the Presidential Election.

There was not one candidate that I liked...that is until last night. Can I just say AMEN to all of Sarah Palin's remarks. What a freaking breath of fresh air!

I wish she was the GOP candidate for President. Seriously, I don't know how McCain will ever be able to top her speech. I'll settle for her being the Vice President. Maybe she can change all the old-farts in Washington.

Anyway, I went to the DMV today filled out my voter registration form with a new excitement for American Politics.

I was up until 1:00 AM this morning watching all the coverage...can't wait until tonight.
Go get registered people!!

4 comments:

Arlie's Corner said...

I agree. Didn't she just make you so excited to belong to and be part of America? I love her. I hope there are more people like you that recognized her great big breath of fresh air!!!

Unknown said...

In reference to your question, I didn't call because I have been trying to gather my thoughts; actually I really didn't tell anyone about it until yesterday. Oh and I will call you on my way home from teaching the chillun's tomorrow, I promise.

p.s. Dad has decided I look like Sarah when I wear my glasses. I don't see the resemblance but I'm flattered because she is Dad's new hero.

Heidi said...

I agree! I loved her and am so excited now for this election!

Brooke said...

Ditto. My favorite part was her daughter licking her hand and patting down her baby brother's hair (who, I might add is adorable!). And it doesn't hurt she's a member of the NRA! That rocks! :)