My Dad always wrestled with us on Sunday afternoons. It was a family tradition & now my nephews and Villette love to wrestle with their Grandpa Jo. Saturday morning I was wrestling with David and Villette in our family room. I paused for a moment to catch my breath by rolling on to my stomach. I was on my stomach for about 5 seconds when this shooting-sharp pain pierced through my back. Immediately I knew what had happened, Lette had pulled a 'Nacho Libre' and jumped from the coffee table directly on to my back. I'm talking 45 lbs pounds of pure muscle hurling directly for my lower back. It hurt so bad I literally started crying. Mike jumped up out of his chair in panic. Lette is so athletic, but in this particular incident it was a negative experience because she firmly planted both feet squarely on my back. After I caught my breath and the pain subsided some, I headed off to the kitchen to make pancakes.
Mike and I were standing their in amazement of what just happened, and I had an epiphany. Lette thinks Mike is Spiderman, so I might as well dress the whole family up as pseudo-heroes for Halloween. Lette can go as Nacho Libre, David can go as the skinny Mexican Esqueleto and I will go as the nun. When I told Mike my idea, we both started laughing until we were crying.
This story is not meant in anyway to pick-on Lette. She didn't know what she was doing...or maybe she did..LOL! I can't wait for her to learn of this story as years go by.
If anyone has a light-blue polyester suit..send it our way.
2 comments:
I can't decide if I'm excited or weirded out about Mike in tights.
Oh, that was so cute. I hope your back gets feeling better. And...you will definitely have to post pics after Halloween.
Post a Comment