I decided I would post my frequent answer to questions that are asked of me, so maybe I will be asked certain questions less frequently. Here it goes.
Q. Why don't you wear your wedding ring?
A. Because I'm fat.
Q. Why don't you like shopping or why don't you go shopping?
A. Because I'm fat.
Q. Why do you frequently wear black?
A. Because I'm fat.
Q. Why don't you have a current picture of you/family hanging in your home?
A. Because I'm fat.
Well folks basically. I'm fat. I look fat & I feel fat. You know when you feel one way about yourself it doesn't matter what other's say...it just doesn't cut the mustard. For the first time in my life, I find myself in a very uncomfortable position. I've never had weight problems. The sad part is I'm back to my post-IVF weight. Yep, that's right. You might remember from previous posts that I gained major weight through IVF...before I was even diagnosed as being pregnant. I remember going home right after I finished IVF, and my sweet nephew asked Mike's mom, "Why is Aunt Melanie so fat..what happened?" Well because I'm back at that weight I'm sure people that see my pictures on this blog say to themselve, "Oh my goodness, Melanie has really let herself go...what happened?" I thought once I quit nursing things would change; however, things have only gotten worse. It's truly devastating.
I've cut my portion sizes, eat fairly healthy meals and chase my kids around all day long. My bootie is expanding and my muffin top has now reached an all-time fluffy state. I think if someone tried to push their finger in my stomach my only response would be HO-HO!Just like the Pilsbury dough boy.
Today I've been so depressed about it. I downloaded the pictures from my weekend, and I seriously looked at those pictures and cried. Who is that stranger I'm looking at? I don't invision myself that way, but there I am right before my eyes. I totally hate getting older. I don't know what has happened to my metabolism.
Have any of you ever felt this way? Am I alone.........
11 comments:
Oh girl, I can so sympathize! But I honestly look at your pictures and you look beautiful so I don't really know what you are talking about. I've learned to give myself lots (and I mean lots) of time before I get panicky about my weight after having a baby. Especially considering all your body has been through over the last two years. Take a deep breath and just slowly watch that scale creep back down, and I mean creep! I wish it would happen overnight. Also, only weigh yourselves on fast Sundays! And I recommend a good girdle, like Spanx to make you feel good in clothes. Those are my secrets. But mostly know that you are beautiful. And you've lived in the South long enough to know that big can be beautiful-- just do yourself up and get your nails done:). Love and miss you,
Oh, Melanie!!!
I will join your club! Been there! Still there! Ya, tell me if you find a miracle anytime soon!
Mel, Everything I've read tells us that diets don't work. What does work over a longer period of time (just like Stephanie says) is 30-45 minutes of walking or aerobic exercise a day, and eating healthy food, and definitely stay away from diet drinks. Other than that just believe you are beautiful. Try to focus on the positive aspects of your life! Life is too short to worry too much!
What are you talking about? You look GREAT! I agree with Stephanie that you need to stop and consider all that you've been through over the past couple of years. Heck - you are a walking miracle for goodness sakes! Yes, I have been there too and it is very frustrating and depressing. At our age, the scale creeps at an every-so-slow pace. It's enough to make anyone go crazy, especially if you haven't ever had to worry about it before. It really helped me when I got to the point in my exercise routine where I started feeling better that I realized that's what is most important. As long as you are trying to be healthy, that is all that matters. Give it some more time... It will happen for you but it just takes longer for us mid-30s girls!
Dear Mel you are a beautiful lady. Never mind now. go to weight watchers or Merrilee goes to something and I can' t remember what its called but you could check with her. They are all over. Take your mom's advice that will work. Just know how much we love you. Ok. gramma Judd
Thanks for the thoughts & encouragement...
Hey Mel, I have soooooooo been there and I'm still there.
You look beautiful! You always have and you always will.
One of the hardest things for me moving back was knowing I'm so much bigger than I was back in my skinny - mini- high - school days. But, I decided that if people are judging (laughing at) me because I'm bigger then they're wrong and they're waisting their time.
I've lost quite a bit of weight over the past year and it didn't have anything to do with diets, just healthy choices. Walking as much as I can and being healthy. I still have days where I would rather avoid the mirror and definitely not leave the house, but really that's not an option.
Oh and I did give in and buy a "fat ring" but I didn't give in and have my original wedding ring resized because I haven't given up on that yet.
So, you're not alone and you're beautiful!
One more thing. The spanx are a good recommendation. Mine is my sunday best-friend. I don't call it a girdle though. It's my "slimmer". Sounds so much better than girdle to me.
I too, just bought spanx, I am in love.
You are not alone. I kick myself now for criticizing my body in high school and college. Those were the good old days- if I'd had a lick of sense I would have had some nude photos taken. Just kidding, Mom, if you are reading this. The one thing you can be sure of: No matter how much you hate your body now, it can always get worse. Aging sucks.
Oh Melanie. I do not believe it for one second. I can't tell at all in your pics on your post. Besides, I would gain the weight all over again just to have my girls. There were so worth it.
Post a Comment