On Saturday Leanne and I took the kids to Mt. Vernon (Home of George & Martha Washington). It's roughly 8 miles from Woodbridge (where we live). The weather was extremely hot & humid, but never-the-less we had a good time. The park was hosting the annual arts festival, so we got to see war reenactments, period-arts & crafts, period-music and animals. Lette loved the music and cut-a-rug at all the music pit-stops.
I love visiting Mt. Vernon. The grounds are gorgeous. It's a peaceful place, but it was especially enjoyable to see everyone dressed in period clothing. It felt as though we had traveled back in time.
During the war reenactment Lette started yelling, "I scared...we need to go home..right now..I mean right now!" David on the other hand just started clapping and was upset when it was all over. My dad will be proud to know that he has definetly passed on the whole gun novelty thing to David.
The other things I loved seeing at the arts festival was all the period pottery, wooden chairs, woven baskets and hand-made clothing. I was so impressed to meet people that had learned these unique crafting skills.
Anyway just another reason why you all need to make a trip out this way!!!!



1 comment:
Love all the pictures. Keep posting. It helps us be near you and your kids even though so many miles are between us!
Post a Comment