Well I just finished day three of work...so far so good. Luckily, the kids are adjusting fine.
Mike's parents decided not to come out. Stan's (Mike's Dad) health is not good, and we decided after their two-week visit, that it was going to be too much for him. Anyway, I posted an add on Craigslist for a Mormon nanny and BAM! A sister from our Stake answered my add. She's great. Her name is Lupita, and she has a four-year-old daughter that Lette LOVES to play with! They've become of the best of friends and David warmed right-up to Lupita.
My day begins at 5:30 AM, and I begin working at 7:00 AM. HCA is letting me work a flex-schedule so I work 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday - Thursday and then four hours on Friday. Not bad considering the kids are at home, and I take my breaks with them and we all eat lunch together. I'm a little tired, but I feel peaceful about my decision to return to work.
I'm thankful to my Heavenly Father for answering all my prayers. Let's just hope things continue to work out.
6 comments:
I'm so happy things are working out okay! I thought about you this Monday knowing that it was the big day you were starting. I'm happy you found someone great to take care of the kids- it makes all the difference. Did you set up an office at home?
I'm glad you found a nice lady to tend. It is so nice you can work at home. Sounds like the kids are happy. Mike's parents did the right thing. I couldn't tend kid only Part time one day a week. tending Beau tomorrow for awhile. I love to have him. Just to hear him talk makes my day. Love Ya
You are amazing. I only work 3 hours a day and sometimes I wonder how I do that. But to work 9, you are amazing. I am so glad that your prayers have been answered and this job sounds like one that you love and missed. Good luck with everything.
Wow, I guess I didn't realize that you were going back to work nearly full-time. That is tough! I know that you can do it--especially with good help. I'm astounded that you placed an ad on Craigslist and had such an incredible response. I live in constant fear that our nanny will find something better and move on. Auughh. the stresses of working...
Glad everything is going well for you so far. I imagine it will be an adjustment for everyone but so far so good it sounds like. It's nice when they are able to work with you on your schedule a little bit to make it easier on your end. I bet you will be looking forward to Fridays!
So glad things have worked out with the nanny! It's so much easier and more efficient to get work done when your not worried about what's going on (or is not) with your kids. Hang in there! You'll get in the swing of things again fast.
Post a Comment