Saturday, October 11, 2008

Stranded in Belgium

Mike called at 4 AM this morning to tell me that he had been robbed. He has been in Brussels speaking at an international employment conference. He was at the train station heading to the airport when he got pushed by two men, and they quickly ran off with his computer bag. Inside the bag were the following items; computer, ipod, two cell phones, passport, wallet, medication and many other important things.

My poor husbanded is stranded in Belgium until the US Embassy can issue a new passport, which probably will not happen until Tuesday. I feel so bad for him.

I spent from 4:30 am - 6:00 am calling all our banks. Then at 9 am I had to go to the local branch to open all new accounts. Thankfully, we got everything shut-down in time before they started using the cards & boy did they start trying.

Why do people have to do crappy things like that....?!?!? Brent Bastian would say, "The Bastards."

I actually pictured Brent saying this while I was frantically calling all our banks. Thanks to Brent, I was able to smile through this process. What a nightmare for Mike....keep him in your prayers until he arrives safely back home.

I guess when things happen like this, all one can do is try to make lemonade out of lemons. Hopefully, Mike will not need to resort to tatics like this fella...

4 comments:

Heidi said...

You are kidding me?! Poor guy! Good thing you are on the phone first thing. Hope he finds a way home soon. Computer too? Bastards!

Grandma Judd said...

There are so manyy creeps out there.I am glad that you were able to keep them out of the credit cards. Love ya whole bunch.

Becca Hatch said...

Yep, they are bastards. So sorry that you both had to go through that stress. Maybe now he will get new fancier phones and computer. That's how Bruce would console himself.

Melanie said...

Brent...just know we luv ya...and I only said that because its mushy, and I know that's just the kid of stuff you like

Why would I ever delete a comment from you?!?!