Went to my surgeon yesterday for follow-up on my Appendectomy. He said that after he took out my appendix he noticed it was covered with Endometriosis, and he also cauterized some off my right ovary. The crazy part is it's only been 6 months since Aunt Flow came to visit & I have an IUD. Once it's starts growing, it usually covers everything.
I would really like my family to be complete, so I could have a hysterectomy (its the only cure) and be done with this nightmare; however, I've always felt like I should try IVF one more time. Am I completely nuts? Ideally, two kids are plenty for me, but the whisperings of the Spirit won't stop. Honestly, sometimes I dislike these promptings. My parents think I should just throw in the towel. I lived with them when I was pregnant with David, and they saw me struggle with my pregnancy. It was not easy, but so worth my David.
Has anyone made the choice not to have more children because of their health? How did you come to that conclusion? I'm affraid if I just gave up and I would later regret it.
Need your experiences.
8 comments:
My problems weren't with conception, just with the terrible, terrible pregnancies. The deciding factor was seeing the toll my last pregnancy took on Bruce. It was definitely hard on my marriage, and I just kept thinking that Bruce was who I chose in the first place, and he needed to be my first priority. While I know that Maggie was definitely meant to be with us, I just can't say that kind of hardship is the right thing to put my family through a third time.
That being said, I'm not being bothered by the Spirit for a #3 either. Those promptings can be hard to deal with. And, the reality is that your body might be deciding this for you already.
I know you will do the right thing. xoxo
You're a wonderful mother. I'm sure you will know what to do. The Lord has a plan for you and he will help you carry it out.
Love, support, and prayers always,
Shari
Our Lynzee was worth everything to get her here, but I have to agree with Becca. I don't think I could put Shane and the girls through that again. It really took a toll on all of them and they were quite the troopers through it all. But like Becca I haven't had the promptings for another one. I remember how strong you are and I know that you will do what's right for your family.
I hope your feeling a little better and know I'm thinking about you. I'm sending prayers your way! :)
only you can make that choice mel. It's a hard one but you can do it. I remember when Merrilee had Dan it was so bad but when I went to the hospital to see her she said I know there is another one up there for me. So along came John. They were such cute little boys who can say what is the right thing to do. Pray a lot and you will get your answer. Prayer is always the easy part. Have fun with your mom this week. I love uyou a whole bunch.
uuggh. Shouldn't we get paid to make these kinds of decisions?? I am so afraid to get pregnant again, as I laid in bed for SIX months when I had Jack. The thought is so overwhelming that it is just easier to say that we are done than to even consider it again.
And as for Jeff, he made me put it in writing last time that we would never consider it again. funny, but true. Doesn't make it any easier, either.
Oh Melanie, I am so sorry. I, too, would have a hard time knowing what to do. However, I believe that if the spirit is whispering to have another, it will happen and all will be well until then. I am just so happy that I no longer have to worry about that and I really hope my ablation takes care of my endometrosis. Good luck with everything.
WOW!!! I say go for it while you can!!
Well, my friend Mel, I always tell people that I have 2 Kids and a Bonus Child. I only wanted 2 but I knew the Lord said more. You have 1 store bought and 1 home grown. (and 1 boy and 1 girl) Why not have fun with it! Put in adoption papers and try to get prego and see what wins! Have fun with it! A Child will be blesssed either way. You and Mike have such love in your home why not share it with another child. I look at both David and Letty and think how blessed they are to have you as a mom. Being Pregnant Sucks! but it is the price we pay. Waiting for paperwork Sucks but again, it is the price we pay.
If you, Mike and the Lord say no more then No More!
That my speech and thought for the day. Good luck!! Love ya!! Jill
Post a Comment