I've been wanting to get Lette's ears pierced for quite some time. Since my mom was in town, we decided to take the plunge. It was quite an experience. Here's the downlow of the event.
* Arrived at Claire's at 2:30 PM
* First ear pierced at 2:45 PM
* Huge melt down. I'm not sure if the piercing scared her or if it really hurt, but we tried everything to convince Lette we needed to put the other earring in.
* 4:30 PM we decided to throw in the towel even if that meant leaving with only one ear pierced.
* 5:00 PM with the other earring in towe we proceeded to leave when I told my mom that I wanted to try one last place in the mall to see if they could get the other ear pierced.
* 5:15 PM we met a girl named Sara who had been piercing ears for years and just like magic, she got the other earring in.
Lesson learned. We should've had both earrings put in at the same time, and we should've found someone that is more experienced.
Ultimate outcome Lette loves her earrings. We were at Wendy's the other day, and she asked in the girl at the drive up window if she "liked her earrings".
I feel sort of guilty for causing her pain. I hope she forgives me.



4 comments:
You're mean!
Funny, I remember it being a little more tramatic than your downlow description. However, it will certainly be something we'll be able to think and talk about for a long time to come. I had a great time. Thanks for your love!
I love earrings on little girls, but this is exactly why Lachlan will finally haul herself to the mall with her girlfriends and take care of it herself.
I also remember that when I had my ears pierced I almost had a full-on anxiety attack...would hate to re-live that moment. :)
Oh, those pictures are so cute. I'm glad everything worked out. What an ordeal. No wonder my mom made me wait until I was 12. But she looks beautiful with her earrings.
Post a Comment