Thursday, January 08, 2009

Food Journal

One of my dearest friends and I have decided to fight the weight/food battle together. I love this friend. She is such a motivator. She has always been there for me, and I truly appreciate her and everything she has done for me over the years.

Sunday night we were establishing our plan of attack, which consists of the following;

1. Daily food journal
2. Daily exercise
3. Lots of water
4. Stop eating by 7 PM each night
5. Sweets only once per week.

LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR, "This sucks!" I have been hungry all week. I didn't realize how often I snack until I started my food journal and Oh My Hell!! No wonder I can't loose weight!!

Well, Dear Friend I will only make it through this because of you. Until we talk on Sunday, keep on going!

I almost broke down tonight and sent Mike for Cold Stone Ice Cream. Sunday will not be here soon enough.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Isn't it just so much fun! Are you doing a certain type of diet or program as well? Hey did you leave FB?

The Monkeys said...

Good luck! I know what you mean about the not being able to loose weight thing. I may not be a ton over weight, but I am 10 pounds heavier than I have been my whole life and I would love to get it off. It's not so easy, though even with the exercise every day thing! I hate to diet!

Becca Hatch said...

You can do it, Mel!

Arlie's Corner said...

Hang in there Mel. It isn't easy, but it is worth it for your own self esteem. Little things like leaving off butter, and going without sauces on sandwiches cuts more than you think!

Shari said...

Good for you! The Holidays were great for me, being lazy, staying up late, getting up late, and treats galore! I just started running again, and filled my fridge with fruits and veg. (now that all the treats are gone!)Boy it is hard work getting up at 5:45am again, totally sucks! It's worth it right?

Anonymous said...

If I can do it you can do it easily. I have always been one to not eat past 7-7:30 pm. Though my husband snacks past that time most nights. We have desert like once every two-three weeks. I think it is all because I am not much of a sweet tooth person.