A couple of months ago, I caught I side-view of my self in the Church bathroom, and I thought, "Oh my hxxx!" Who is that person. So I decided I would train for a 5K. Anyone that knows me really well, knows that this was a big deal for me. Nevertheless, that's exactly what I did. I started running!
At first it was hard, and then I enjoyed it and I decided I would run my first 5K in Alexandria, VA on June 20th (today). A couple of the gals from my ward also signed up, so I was anxiously awaiting the day when I could complete my goal.
AND then....3 AM this morning, Villette started crying and moaning about how sick she was. I prayed that by 6:30 AM she'd be fine, so I could head off to the race. Unfortunately, it wasn't to be. Mike ended up giving her a blessing, and I ended up lying in bed with her while I saw my goal 'running' out of sight.
Sometimes being a mother just stinks. I felt like I finally was accomplishing something for myself. My own time. Time alone with my thoughts and with my God. I know there will be others (I'm signed up to run with my cousins on the 4th of July in Utah), but this goal of my FIRST race can never be replaced.
The real downer of the morning was that by 8 AM (the actual time of the race), she was bouncing off the walls. Darn those priesthood blessings (not really)....
A mother's sacrifice is never complete.
6 comments:
I'm so sad for you. It's hard not to be a little resentful in a situation like this. I'm glad she's feeling better, and I will happily take your 5k virginity in a couple of weeks.
Will you e-mail me your visit specifics? I would love it if you could stay here a night or two.
One thing for sure. Disappointments come and go, but I remember a time when someone's heart was broken because there were no children in her life. Great sacrifices on your part and others brought those blessings to you. But you are right! Being a mother is the hardest work and will ask the most of anything you will ever do. What a choice blessing!
I ran the three miles for you in a rain storm and it was hell, in fact I fought back tears most the time!
I am so sorry!
I was so sad that morning too. We missed having you there with us! Good thing there are lots of races still to sign up for this summer.
Hey do you know what ward you will be in when you move?
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about missing your first race. Isn't that how life goes though? I am thinking about running a 5k...key word...."thinking". Good for you for actually doing it and in Utah, nonetheless.
Post a Comment