Mike and I will be married 12-years in December. During our 12-years of marriage we have moved 11 times, so I guess it is only fitting that this is our 12th move. The only good thing about moving often has been PURGING. Each time we've moved I've shredded old documents, thrown out things that haven't been used in who-knows-when and lamented over clothing I'd swore I would squeeze my butt back into. Nevertheless, the process rolls onward.
This move I even shredded old mission letters, high school memorablia and old birthday cards.
One of the things I don't like to pack and move are ALL Mikes books. I curse him every time we move, and he says, "Don't worry this will be our last move." This has become an inside joke; however, I will admit that I would be perfectly happy if this was our last move. I love where we live!
Luckily, I have everything almost packed and organized into the various piles...next step labeling. I hope this move will be seamless, and I can't wait to settle into the 'Blue Belle'.
1 comment:
That is my absolute favorite thing about moving too- the purge! I also love that you start with a whole new group of people who have no preconceived notions about you! You can be whoever you want!
Post a Comment