Well, Mike's dad passed away last Thursday, so we decided to pack up the kiddos and drive to Utah. Why would we drive to Utah you ask? We have a all our paintings in storage at Mike's parents house, and we thought it would be advantageous to pick everything up while we were there.
Back to the trip. We left Virginia at 2:30 PM on Thursday afternoon, and we arrived in Utah at 8:30 PM on Friday. It was crazy! If any of you have ever been on a road trip with Mike, there's only one requirement....you don't stop driving until you've reached the destination. Luckily no one died, got injured, tied to the roof or thrown out the window. At about hour 26, I did feel the need for an anxiety pill. Otherwise no harm to foul.
Would I recommend this trip to my worst enemy, not likely. Will I ever do this again, not likely. Just the smell of four individuals with no bath for two days is enough to thwart any future road trips. If I would have been thinking, I would have packed my video camera and made some kind of Youtube video.
Clark Griswold ain't got nothin on the Peterson's, with the exception of the dead aunt.
7 comments:
Sorry to hear about Mike's Dad. Mike sounds a lot like Rob. Rob says we will stop this time on our way to Utah/Idaho to see things, but I don't believe a word of it. His idea is that it's not going to be pleasant, so let's do it as quick as possible! Good luck!!
Okay, I feel bad for laughing at such a somber time!!! I can't imagine what that must have been like driving non-stop! We've been thinking about you. We're so sorry for your loss. Please give Mike big hugs from us! xoxo
Oh, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine losing either one of my parents. AND...I sure the crap cannot imagine driving cross country with two young kids. You are quite the woman.
That trip sounds hilarious. I would love to have been a fly in that car. I can't believe how quick you guys got to Utah. That is insane:)
Melanie, I am so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I had no idea. I think a phone chat is in order.
Please tell Mike that we are sorry to hear about his dad!
I'm just so glad you made it home and back safe and sound. Touch trip, but we still loved having you. Good luck on your race Sunday morning. We will be thinking and praying for you. I'm leaving for Dallas Sunday morning. Do you want me to deliver any messages? MOM
Post a Comment