

Today we had our White House Tour. My democrat friends probably already know that Pres. B is on vacay, so no Obama sightings. We just ended up doing a tour of the East Wing, but it was nice to pretty much walk around without many others there. The kiddos were actually very well behaved (shocking). Villette admitted that her favorite part of the day was taking two taxi cabs.
We received the following instructions before we went:Anyway, totally bumbed about the no pictures part; however, Mike was able to snap a couple of shots with his blackberry. I will post those later.
Just a few last thoughts on visit.
The White House is fairly small. The famous hallway where many of the Presidents have their picture taken is tiny.
I don't know what kind of photography tricks are used to make it seem bigger, but its not realistic of its true size.
- Villette's favorite room the "Red Room"
- David's favorite room the "Blue Room"
- Mike's comment, "Did you see that painting of Hillary?...She does not look that thin in real life. I wonder who influenced that painting...:)"
- I personally liked seeing the various President's china/dinner ware. My favorite set...President Jeffersons
Well that's about it. It was a fun experience!!
1 comment:
HEY SKINNY!!!! You look A-MAZ-ING! Love the pink suit! What a cool experience - the history of that place alone would make me bawl. What a once in a lifetime experience!
Post a Comment