- One leaving his wife
- A different spouse facing Church discipline
- One family making the decision to leave the Church over the Churches stance on same sex relationships
- One friend divorcing...don't really know all the details & quite frankly don't want to know
- One friends husband addicted to pornography
I'm just sickened. Marriage is hard at times, but the Church provides/teaches so many principles that can prevent these types of things. All of the above experiences have come from people who I would've never guessed in a million years that they would be experiencing.
For those of you who read my blog, just hang on to your marriages and your relationship with our Savior. Even difficult challenges like some of the ones above can be over come. Tough times pass, trials will be difficult and at times unbearable, but dig down deep. Drop to your knees. Ask God for help, but do not give up. Seek help from counseling professionals that can help keep your families together.
Are worldly things/views really worth destroying your testimony and your family? I ask you, where would you be without the Church? Where would your children be?
These experiences have forced me to reflect upon a few things that I allow into my life. I have made efforts to get rid of them.
Gone are the following -
No more watching the Housewives...ya'll no what I mean...nothing good is learned.
No more R-rated movies and TV programs
No more TMZ or other entertainment programs
blah, blah, blah.....
I realize that none of these types of things really teach and/or enhance my life, so why do I need them.
What are you willing to get rid of?
5 comments:
if you are talking about the real houswives, I gave that up too. Not worth my time anymore. Love your comments on marriage. Couldn't agree more. The good thing about trials is they teach you what is really important. also love the halloween costumes.
Loved talking to you today! Miss you and wish we lived closer! xo
Hey, Lately I've been thinking about what I should give up too...thanks for the encouragement!!
After conference I gave up watching a movie that just didn't seem that uplifting. I am sending it back without finishing it, even without my kids in the room. It's just not worth my valuable time- time I could spend with my children and husband in a positive way!
We will be married 18 years this December and I thought when I was little that if you could make it into your teens of marriage you would hold on no matter what, but I have certainly seen the opposite thing happening all around me. You never have "arrived" in marriage. It is always constant work and always constantly reminding yourself what they mean to you! Lately, because of these thoughts I have started trying to do little extra things to let my husband know that I love him- texting him while he is gone with the boys camping, leaving notes in his lunch box. I think, sometimes, that guys need that stuff more than women do- at least my guy does. Thanks for a great post.
Loved your comments Deb, so too. It's important to do the little things...
Post a Comment