I have put off giving any kind of pregnancy update because I didn't want to appear ungrateful for this baby; however, things have been a little rough. Shortly, after Thanksgiving I found out that I have a gallbladder polyp, gallbladder stone, kidney stone and kidney cyst. All combined have caused an extreme amount of chronic pain. Initially, several general surgeons were consulted to see if they could remove my gallbladder and the decision was made to hold out until I get the baby here. As a result, most of my days are unfortable and Tyelnol just isn't cutting it. That being said, the baby is healthy and I some how make it through each day.
A couple of weeks ago, Mike gave me a blessing. In the blessing, he mentioned that one of my trials on this earth was bringing life to this earth. It may sound strange, but that gave me some comfort. Trying to get pregnant and then being pregnant has taken up almost 10 years of my life. My 30's have felt like pure physical torture...granted not POW type of torture just my own set of experiences. My weight has been higher than I would have liked, and to be honest I can't wait to get this little guy here.
With all that said, I have felt the love and support of family and friends. Mike has been so supportive and comforting. I have felt the hand of the Lord in my life, so I can keep working and helping my kiddos. This too shall pass. I really am thankful to be a mother even though the process of becoming one has been a long road.
3 comments:
I'm glad to hear you are hanging in there okay. You are going to have some real ammunition when they are naughty later- "Do you KNOW what I DID to get you HERE?" and they will just have to lay down and take it.
It looks like a Merry Christmas was had by all- thanks for the updates. xoxo
It was good to talk to you yesterday and to hear how well you are coping under the circumstances. This baby boy must have wanted to come very badly, and I'm sure was praying for you not to give up on. We continue to pray you will be ok the next couple of months! Love the Christmas pictures too!
I seriously see you as such a heroic mother. You are one good woman. And one of my heroes:).
Love,
Steph
Post a Comment