Sunday morning they performed a c-section. From previous ultrasounds we knew he was big, but none of us were prepared for a baby weighing in at 8 lbs 13 oz. The pediatritician told me he would have been close to 11 lbs had I gone full-term. My body really went through the ringer for this little guy. As soon as they got him out, it was like my body gave a huge sigh of relief. Mike even commented in the OR that I looked so much better. I must say that he was completely right on that comment. My blood pressure came down and the sharp pain I'd been having went away shortly thereafter. I also felt so blessed that the LOrd had heard my prayers because I'm not sure I could've made it another day.
Initially, Andrew had difficulty breathing so he spent about 2 days in the special care unit. It was hard to have him there, it it also gave me a few days to recover.
He is such a sweet baby. Mike was a champion through this whole pregnancy. I could not have done it without him. My mom is here helping, and it's been so nice to have her here.
No comments:
Post a Comment