Saturday, September 01, 2012
Vermont
I'm finally updating the rest of our trip....
After we left New York we headed to Sharon, Vermont the birth place of Joseph Smith. For the record Vermont is GORGEOUS! I swear almost every yard hard a garden, a chicken coop and a few farm animals. It was like stepping back in time to a much simpler way of living. We stayed at a ski resort. The only downside to the ski resort was that my kids couldn't firgure out why the women had arm hair and dark leg hair. It was pretty hillarious watching Villette look over the women.
In Sharon, it was nice to see where Joseph was born. The Church always does such a beautiful job of restoring things, and for me it's nice to have a testimony building experience. Church history can be complex, and I enjoy having my own personal Church history guide (Mike). I'm thankful for his knowledge of Church history and have learned much from him over the years. We've been fortunate to be able to spend time in Palmyra, Sharon, Kirkland and Nauvoo. It seems that there is much criticism on facebook and other blogs relating to early Church history, and I'm grateful for those early Saints. Did they make mistakes...of course, but they accomplished miraculous things. I'm grateful for the Restored Gospel!
The last couple of days of our vacay we headed to New Jersey to spend time with Mike's brother's family. It was crazy. As soon as we walked in the door, we learned that the MTC had called asking Austin to report to the MTC the next day. That night Mike was able to go to the Manhattan temple with Austin. We had planned a trip into the city, but that had to wait for another time. I was glad Mike was able to see Austin before he left for his mission to Peru.
We had such a nice time together as a family!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment